A generator can be a lifesaver in case of an emergency. But not all generators are reliable, probably why you’re going through some DuroMax XP10000E Generator Reviews to determine whether it’s a worthwhile investment.
Well, we scoured the web for the truth about the generator, and we have it all in this DuroMax XP10000E Generator Review. Hold off buying it until you read what we’ve discovered.
About DuroMax XP10000E Generator
- Product Name: DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator
- DuroMax Generator Best Price: Click Here to view the lowest price on Amazon.
- Brand: DuroMax
- Corporate Website: DuroMaxPower.com
DuroMax Power Equipment is an American manufacturer of all sorts of power equipment including portable generators, home standby generators, inverters and their accessories. The company has been around since 2003 and they’re currently headquartered in Ontario, CA, US
DuroMax XP10000E Generator Features
- Power – 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts
- 18 HP Engine – 440cc OHV engine seamlessly handles heavy duty appliances.
- MX2 Technology – Operate the generator at either 120V or 240V or both simultaneously.
- Low Oil Shut Off – Safety feature that switches the generator off when the oil is low.
- Central Power Panel – The fully featured panel includes a selection of outlets including two 120V household GFCI outlets and one 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, voltmeter and 12V DC charging ports for charging external batteries.
- Surge-Arrest – Helps protect your generator from power surges.
- Emissions Standards Compliant – Approved by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board).
DuroMax XP10000E Watt Generator Noise Level
The DuroMax 10000Watt Generator has a dBA rating of 69 at 23ft at half load. That noise level can be hazardous. So be sure to wear your ear protection while operating or working around the generator. It’s about as noisy as a lawnmower.
DuroMax XP10000E Watt Generator Fuel Type
The DuroMax 10000 runs on a 8.3 gallon gasoline tank, with a 10.4-hour runtime at half load. Generally 10,00W generators are not as fuel efficient as you would want, but you get enough juice to power up the air conditioner, refrigerator and most other high amperage power tools.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Specifications
- Peak Watts: 10,000
- Running Watts: 8,000
- Peak Amps @ 120v: 66.67
- Running Amps @120v: 40.17
- Peak Amps @ 240v: 33.33
- Running Amps @ 240v: 20.58
- Amperage: 29.17a /14.58a
- Voltage: 120v / 240vac & 12vdc
- Frequency: 80hz
- Horsepower: 18 Hp
- Size: 440cc
- Type: 4-cycle Air-cooled Spark-ignition
- Speed: 3600 Rpm
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 8.3 Gallons
- Runtime (Gasoline) At 1/2 Load: 10.4 Hours
- Start Type: Electric / Recoil
- Volume Level: 69db
- Epa Certified: Yes
- Carb Certified: Yes
- Csa Certified: No
- Width: 29″
- Height: 27.5″
- Weight: 220lbs
What We Like About The DuroMax XP10000E
Functional – This generator scores great on functionality. It can power up almost any appliance and high amperage tool without so much as a cough. It may not be as fuel efficient but that’s the price you pay for running a 10000W generator.
Durable – The general opinion about the Duromax XP10000E is that it outlives most other brands in the market. Some customers have used theirs for several years with minimum problems.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Problems
As with every machinery, you expect to run into problems. Well the DuroMax 10000W generator is no exception. We compiled the most common issues with this generator to help you decide whether it’s a worthwhile investment.
It gets really loud – The general consensus is that this generator can get annoyingly loud. At 69dBA you’ll need ear protectors if you’re working near the generator. Some customers say it gets even louder with time as the parts wear out. Some loose parts also start to rattle which, again, can be equally annoying.
It may stop working – A good number of customers say their unit stopped generating power after a couple of hours. The generator may overheat, the motor may die and the electric bit of it may stop working. Apparently repairing a Duromax is costly so you can’t really count on parts if you’re beyond the warranty period.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Parts
Having replacement parts at your disposal can increase a generator’s lifetime. Well, with the DuroMax 10000W you’ll be able to replace the following:
Fortunately you can get all these replacement parts on Amazon.com where you should get the best price for them and additional benefits like the FREE Guaranteed 1-3 Delivery if you’re a Prime member.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Maintenance
Here’s how you keep the DuroMax 10000W Generator running like new.
- Check the spark plug after every 100 hours. Adjust the valve clearance and clean spark arrestor, fuel tank and filter.
- Always remove and ground the spark plug wire before performing any kind of service to prevent accidental startup.
- Check the oil level and clean the area around the air intake and muffler every 8 hours or daily.
- Wipe and clean the air filter every 50 hours. Change the oil if you plan to operate the unit under heavy load or in hot environments.
- Always change the oil when the engine is warm. To do this, remove the oil drain plug with a 12mm socket and extension. Then, drain the oil completely. Next, replace the drain plug, remove oil fill cap/dipstick to add oil. They recommend you add 0.63 qt (0.6 L) of oil and replace the oil fill cap/dipstick to complete the maintenance process.
- Always store your generator while inside a storage cover. You can get one on Amazon.com.
- Even if you don’t plan on using the generator regularly, Duromax recommends you start it every 14 days and leave it running for around 20 minutes.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Warranty
DuroMaxgives you a 3-year limited warranty covering workmanship and material defects. But to be on the safe side it’s always a great idea to shop at trusted stores like Amazon.com. You’ll be guaranteed reliable customer service and easy returns on anything you buy.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Manual
You can go here to view or download this unit’s manual.
DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator Best Price
The DuroMax XP10000E will set you back around $900. But to get the latest price, click here to visit Amazon.com where you may get the best prices and benefits like FREE 1-3 Day shipping if you’re a Prime member.
In addition, you can save even more money while shopping for generators like this one using sites like Rakuten.com which gives you the chance to earn cashback, discounts and coupons.
Another way to save money while shopping online is by using SwagBucks.com which also offers cashback on shopping. Furthermore Swagbucks helps you earn cash and gift cards for what you already do online like visiting websites, reading emails, watching videos and more. You can then use the cash and gift cards you earn to save money while shopping online.
Other Generator Models To Consider
If any of the complaints we covered above are dealbreakers, there are other options. Here are other DuroMax 4000W generator alternatives you may want to consider as well.
- Westinghouse iGen4500 – Half the output power and significantly cheaper.
- WEN GN400i 4000-Watt Inverter Generator – Open frame, cheaper, lesser runtime.
- Champion 4000W Generator – Less expensive, holds up well at full load.
Should You Buy The DuroMax 4000-Watt Generator?
If you’re looking for a functional and durable generator, then go for the DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt. Some customers say theirs broke down after a couple months use, but those are a few isolated cases. It will basically power up any appliance in your house and high amperage power tools. So generally, the overall opinion is that this generator is a powerhouse and a workhorse.
Well, that’s my DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator review. Would you buy this unit? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below. If you still have questions, you can find answers on the product’s Amazon page.
Until next time
Eddy “with a Y”
DuroMax XP10000E Generator Review
If you would want to know whether the DuroMax XP10000E Generator is worth an investment, you are better off knowing all you need to know about it in this review before spending your money.