With the ever increasing need to have uninterrupted power, generators are becoming a must-have. You’re probably considering getting one and that’s why you’re going through DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Reviews to determine whether it’s worth the investment.
Well, we scoured the web for the truth, and we have it all in this DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Review. If you want to avoid wasting money, you may want to read some of the shocking findings about the generator in this review.
About DuroMax XP4400E 4400W Generator
- Product Name: DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator
- DuroMax Generator Best Price: Click Here to view the lowest price on Amazon.
- Brand: DuroMax
- Corporate Website: DuroMaxPower.com
DuroMax Power Equipment, the makers of the DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator, is an American manufacturer of all sorts of power equipment including portable generators, home standby generators, inverters and their accessories. The company has been around since 2003 and they’re currently headquartered in Ontario, CA, US
DuroMax XP4400E Generator Features
- Power – 4,400 starting watts and 3,500 running watts
- 7 HP Engine – 208cc OHV engine able to handle heavy duty power tools.
- MX2 Technology – You can operate the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power. Ideal for Rv’s.
- Low Oil Shutoff – Switches the generator off when the oil is low.
- Fully Featured Power Panel – Panel includes a selection of outlets including 2 120V household GFCI outlets and 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries.
- Surge-Arrest: Protects your generator from power surges.
- Complies with Emissions Standards – Approved by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board).
DuroMax XP4400E Generator Noise Level
The DuroMax 4000Watt Generator has a dBA rating of 69 at 23ft at half load. So you won’t hold a normal conversation nearby, as it roars as loud as a lawn mower. But that noise level is justifiable for a 4400 watt generator.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Fuel Type
The DuroMax 44000 runs on a 3.9 gallon gasoline tank, with a 11.46-hour runtime at half load. So if you require 3500 watts of power, you’ll have around 8 hours to go through a full tank of gasoline.
DuroMax XP4400E Generator Specifications
- Peak Watts: 4,400
- Running Watts: 3,500
- Peak Amps @ 120v: 36.67
- Running Amps @120v: 29.17
- Peak Amps @ 240v: 18.33
- Running Amps @ 240v: 14.58
- Amperage: 29.17a / 14.58a
- Voltage: 120v / 240vac & 12vdc
- Frequency: 60hz
- Horsepower: 7 Hp
- Size: 208cc
- Type: 4-cycle Air-cooled Spark-ignition
- Speed: 3600 Rpm
- Fuel Type: Gasoline
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.96 Gallons
- Runtime (Gasoline) At 1/2 Load: 11.46 Hours
- Start Type: Electric / Recoil
- Volume Level: 69db
- Epa Certified: Yes
- Carb Certified: Yes
- Csa Certified: No
- Width: 17″
- Height: 17″
- Weight: 127 Lbs
What We Like About The DuroMax XP4400E
Functionality – The DuroMax XP4400E Generator can easily power up almost any equipment. It’s ideal for RVing, home use, camping, tailgating, etc. You can run it for close to 12 hours at half load, and also run 120V and 240V equipment simultaneously. You can only choose one mode with most other generators of equal power.
Fuel-efficient – Most 3500W generators run for 8 hours on a full tank of gas, taking this Champion generator as an example. But with this Duromax you get a little under 12 hours which is significantly more efficient.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Problems
Now that you know the strengths of the DuroMax 4400W generator, you might as well read about its weaknesses.
It May Die – Quite a number of customers say their generator failed to start after a couple months use, the electric start function was one of the first things to go. Others say it doesn’t hold up at full load as it tends to power down at 3000-3500W.
It’s really loud – This generator can get annoyingly loud. At 69dBA it’s as loud as your vacuum cleaner or fruit blender. It gets even louder as you increase the load, able to top around 75dBA at full load. Simply put, you’ll need to choose between power and peace, but you can’t have both with this generator.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Parts
The best way to get around a generator’s problem is to have access to replacement parts when you need them. Well, with the DuroMax 4400W you’ll be able to replace the following:
Fortunately you can get all these replacement parts on Amazon.com where you should get the best price for them besides additional deals like the FREE Guaranteed 1-3 Delivery if you’re a Prime member.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Maintenance
Just like any other motorized equipment, your generator will stand no chance of running efficiently if you don’t maintain it. So with that in mind, here’s how you keep the DuroMax 4400W Generator running as new all season long.
- Check oil level and clean around air intake and muffler every 8 hours or daily.
- Clean the air filter every 50 hours or every season. Change the oil if operating under heavy load or in hot environments.
- After the first 5 hours of operation, change the oil.
- After every 100 hours or every season, clean or adjust the spark plug. Furthermore check or adjust the valve clearance after the same period. Again, clean spark arrestor, fuel tank and filter.
- To prevent accidental starting, remove and ground the spark plug wire before performing any kind of service.
- As a rule of thumb, change the oil when the engine is warm. To change the oil, remove the oil drain plug with a 12 mm socket and extension. Then, allow the oil to drain completely. Next, replace the drain plug, remove oil fill cap/dipstick to add oil. You can then add up to 0 .63 qt (0.6 L) of oil and replace the oil fill cap/dipstick.
- While checking on the spark plugs, first remove the spark plug cable from the spark plug. Then use a 13/16” or 21 mm socket to remove the plug. Inspect the electrode on the plug. It must be clean and not worn to produce the spark required for ignition. Finally, ensure the spark plug gap is 0.7 – 0.8mm or (0.028 – 0 .031 in.)
- Use a damp cloth to clean the exterior of the generator, and a soft bristled brush to clean dirt and oil.
- Always store your generator while inside a storage cover. You can get one on Amazon.com if you don’t have it.
- Start the generator every 14 days and leave it running for at least 20 minutes if you don’t use it regularly.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Warranty
You'll get a 3-year limited warranty on this machine. The warranty covers workmanship and material defects. That said, perhaps you already know dealing with warranty issues can be a nightmare. That’s why it’s always a good idea to shop at trusted stores like Amazon.com where you're guaranteed reliable customer service and easy returns if you don’t get what you bargained for.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Manual
You can go here to view or download this unit’s manual.
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator Best Price
You can buy the DuroMax XP4400E for anywhere between $350 – $400. But to get the latest price, click here to visit Amazon.com where you may get the best prices and deals like FREE 1-3 Day shipping if you’re a Prime member.
In addition, you can save even more money while shopping for generators like this one using sites like Rakuten.com which gives you the chance to earn cashback, discounts and coupons. Why stop there? Another way to save money while shopping online is by using SwagBucks.com which also offers cashback on shopping. Furthermore Swagbucks helps you earn cash and gift cards for what you already do online like visiting websites, reading emails, watching videos and more. You can then use the cash and gift cards you earn to save while shopping online.
Other Generator Models To Consider
If the problems are proving too bitter a pill to swallow and would want to check out other options, I wouldn’t blame you. If that’s the case here are other DuroMax 4000W generator alternatives you can consider as well.
- Westinghouse iGen4500 – Same output power for half the price.
- WEN GN400i 4000-Watt Inverter Generator – Open frame, cheaper, more runtime.
- Champion 4000W Generator – More expensive, holds up well at full load.
Should You Buy The DuroMax 4000-Watt Generator?
If you’re looking to buy a powerful, functional generator without spending a fortune, then the DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt would be a good option. It may get really loud and not hold up at full load, but you’ll definitely get some good years out of it. There’s definitely a reason why 4 out of 5 customers find this generator worth the money. But it’s not a portable generator despite the wheels, as it weighs well over 100 pounds. All the same, for the price, it’s totally worth the buy, but that’s just me, folks!
Well, that’s my DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator review. Would you buy this unit or do you have another one in mind? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below. If you still have questions, you can find answers on the product’s Amazon page.
Until next time
Eddy “with a Y”
DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator review
If you're thinking of buying the DuroMax XP4400E 4400 Watt Generator, you may want to read shocking problems about the generator in this review before spending your money.