I’m always telling my kids they take a lot of things for granted. But I am guilty of it too because I take electricity for granted until I lose it. I’m sure you can relate and you know a generator would come in handy. If you’re here, you are probably shopping for a generator and that’s why you’re reading a couple of Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator reviews to determine whether it’s any good.
Well, we’ve wrapped up everything you need to know in this Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator review. Unfortunately, you may not like everything you’re about to read, but if I were you, I wouldn’t leave anything to chance.
About Generac IQ2000 Generator
- Product Name: Generac IQ2000 2000Watt Inverter Generator
- Champion Generator Best Price: Click Here to view the lowest price on Amazon.
- Brand: Generac
- Corporate Website: GeneracPowerProducts.com
Generac Power Systems is an American manufacturer of backup power generators for residential, commercial and industrial markets. The company was founded by Robert Kern in 1959 and they are headquartered in Waukesha, Wisconsin, US.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter GeneratorFeatures
- Output Power – 1600 watts running, 2000 watt starting power, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Quiet Power – 53 dBA noise rating at 1/4 load
- Run-time Display – Shows you how much run-time you have left at current load.
- Indicator Lights – Warns you when your oil needs changing, in case of overload and overheating.
- PowerDial – You can control the start, stop and run functions with one single dial.
- PowerBar – Tells you the percentage of available wattage you’re currently using and how much is left.
- 3 Energy Modes – You can switch between economy, standard and turbo modes.
- Parallel Function – In case you need more power from a second generator.
- Run Time Runs up to 7.7 hours at 25% load on a full tank of gas.
- Clean Energy – You can plug in sensitive devices with no risk of power surge.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Noise Level
At 25% load the Generac IQ2000 noise level rating at 23ft away is 53dB. So you can conveniently run it and chat as normal. Your kitchen blender, vacuum cleaner or lawn mower make twice as much noise. So that’s a pretty quiet operation at 25% load. The noise level will obviously go higher as you use more power with the Turbo Mode being the loudest.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Fuel Type
The IQ2000 Inverter Generator runs on a 1.06-gallon gas tank able to power through about 7.7 hours of runtime at 25% load. In other words if you’re using 500W, for example, you’ll have a little under 8 hours of runtime before you run out of gas.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Specifications
- Air Filter: Foam
- Cooling Methods: Air
- Displacement: 80cc
- Engine Type: OHV
- Lubrication: Splash
- Number Of Cylinders1
- Oil Type: SAE 10W-30
- Starting TypeRecoil
- Voltage 120V
- Frequency 60Hz
- Current: 13.3
- Output: 1.6
- Safety Device Type: Electronic
- Rated voltage: 12
- Rated current: 8
- Safety Device Type: DC Protector
- Length: 20 in
- Width: 12.6 in
- Height: 16.9 in
- Dry Weight: 46.2lbs
What We Like About The Generac IQ2000 Generator
Very Quiet – You’ll barely hear it running if you’re running it on Economy. At 53dBA while on 25% load it ranks above most 2000W generators including the Yamaha EF2000IS and Honda EU2200.
Compact and Portable – The unit weighs 46.2lbs and measures about 3.2 cu.ft. You also get a grip handle at the top for easier transport. It looks rather similar to the Yamaha EF2000IS but slightly heavier. So feel free to take it camping, tailgating, to your job site or just about anywhere.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Problems
This is the part of the review where we break down the nasty problems you may run into if you choose to buy the Generac 2000W generator. So check them out below and decide for yourself if they are a deal breaker.
Quits if operating at full load – If you’re planning to use this generator at full load every time, chances are you’ll require a parallel generator or it will keep on going off. Several customers say the generator is simply no good for operating several equipment or devices simultaneously.
It eventually gets loud – While most generators will serve you quietly for a long time, this Generac eventually starts rattling and vibrating annoyingly even while on eco mode. It seems this problem sets in at roughly 200 hours of use.
Fuel Leak Problems – We came across quite a number of complaints suggesting that the unit leaks fuel at times. It’s not clear where the problem originates from. But all the same, you don’t want to BBQ yourself in the name of finding alternative power, so be sure to watch out for this problem.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Parts
If you’ve been around machinery long enough, then you definitely know the importance of having replacement parts available. With that in mind, here are the Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Parts you can replace incase of failure.
- Frame 2
- Fuel Tank
- GeneratorAir Shroud Starter
- Camshaft Valve
- Control Box
- Crankshaft Piston
If you need a replacement part, you can contact Generac by filling out this web form..They say they’ll replace a faulty part for free, as long as it’s not as a result of wear and tear.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Maintenance
Like a car, for your generator to run smoothly, you'll need to do some periodic maintenance. That said, here’s how you maintain the Generac IQ2000 Generator,
- Check the condition of the spark plug every 24 weeks or after 90-100 hours of use. Replace it if necessary.
- Check for fuel leakage before every operation, in case there’s leakage discontinue use until you fix the problem.
- Change the oil and air filter element after every 24 weeks or 90-100 hours of use.
- Clean or replace the fuel filter every 12 months or 250-300 hours runtime. Check breather hose for cracks or damage after the same period.
- Be sure to decarbonize the cylinder head as often as possible, daily if necessary.
- Check and adjust the valve cylinder before every use if possible. .
- Check for any loose parts, rattling and fittings before every use.
Always store your generator in a cover bag to protect it from the elements. Cover bags for this model cost about $50 on Amazon.com. So be sure to get one if you don’t have it, and your generator will thank you.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Warranty
The warranty for the Generac 2000W inverter generator is good for 3 years for both the machinery and engine. This warranty covers material and workmanship defects. As long as you have not violated the terms of the warranty, they’ll replace or repair any defective part for free during the warranty period..
Despite the solid warranty from the manufacturer, it’s always good to shop at stores like Amazon.com where you’re guaranteed effective customer service, easy returns and hassle free follow-up with your claim.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Manual
You can go here to view and download this model’s user manual. You can get the installation manual here also.
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Best Price
The Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator can cost a little over $500. To get the latest price for this model, you can click here to visit Amazon.com where you should get the best price for it and FREE 1-3 Day shipping if you’re a Prime member.
Did you know you can also save more money while shopping for generators like this one using sites like Rakuten.com? They give you cashback and coupons that you can use save while shopping online.
Another great way to save money while shopping online is by using SwagBucks.com which offers cashback on shopping as well. This site also enables you to earn cash and gift cards doing what you already do online like reading emails, visiting websites, watching videos and more. So you never have to pay full price if you take advantage of all these money-saving opportunities.
Other Generator Models To Consider
Perhaps you’re still weighing your options based on the problems you’ve just read about. So feel free to check out these Generac IQ2000 2000W Generator alternatives.
- HONDA EU2200I 2200W Generator – Equally silent but more expensive.
- WEN 56225i 2250-Watt Generator – Cheaper, decently silent and portable.
- Pulsar G2319N 2,300W Generator – Almost similar power capabilities for the same price.
Should You Buy The Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator?
If you’re looking for a super quiet, 2000W generator, then you can bank on the Generac IQ2000. The general verdict on this model is that you’ll probably get the best out of it if you use it at half load always. It tends to get really loud past the 50% mark if you’re using it regularly. So be sure to follow the maintenance guide always. All the same, if you just need a reliable, easy to use backup generator, the Generac IQ2000 generator is right up that alley.
It’s a wrap, folks! That’s my Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator review. Would you buy it or you would prefer to cast your net elsewhere based on its problems? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below. If you still have questions, you can find answers on the product’s Amazon page.
Until next time
Eddy “with a Y”
Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator Review
You're probably thinking of buying the Generac IQ2000 Inverter Generator. But you're better off knowing everything about it including the bad and ugly problems we came across while writing this review.